Monday, July 30, 2012

Thursday 26 July - Olympicnic!









Current location: Baker Street, London
11.11pm, In a pub in Baker Street, with a bag full of leftover picnic food. Today we had our annual work picnic in Regent's Park. Everyone brought home-made food, from pate and muffins to salads and meatballs (I made vol-au-vents). There was SO much food, and loads to drink too (including vodka jellies).

The weather was amazing so we parked up in the shade of a tree, put the bunting up then found a big space in the sun to play rounders. It's much nicer to be in the park than in work! I really like my colleagues so it was fab to hang out outdoors and enjoy the sunshine, rather than staring at a screen and talking about proofs.

As always, I'm not very good at going home when I'm having fun so, after the cricket, rounders, frisbee, and lots of eating and drinking, I ended up in the pub with the last few standing. Amazing picnic, one of my favourite days of the summer, and it didn't even feel like London.
(Pictures © Olivier Laurent aka Frenchy)

No comments:

Post a Comment