Thursday, January 26, 2012

Saturday 14 January - Welsh family!



Current location: Port Talbot, Wales
11.11pm, Squished in between my auntie and uncle on the sofa, with a glass of wine in hand and a belly full of Chinese takeaway. Mum, Dad, Kate, Ella and I decided to come to where most of my relatives live in South Wales, to visit my grandma and my aunties, uncles, cousins and second cousins. We've done a lot of sitting on sofas and drinking tea and being entertained by Ella, and it's been absolutely fab; my aunties and uncles are very Welsh and absolutely hilarious, and my grandma is just lovely.

We used to come to Wales a lot when I was a child... almost every half term, Easter, summer and Christmas holidays, we would all pile into the car and go and stay with our Welsh family, whether it was for a few days or a few weeks. We'd often stay at my nana's house and spend our days playing and being fussed over, and I have so many good memories of that time. My nana, Lucy, who i am named after, died when I was 18, and it was nice to go and visit her grave (and those of my grandfathers too) and see the sun shining on the flowers. Happy memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment