Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday 6 December - Christmas dinner #2 of 3



Current location: Brixton
11.11pm, Being full at Sara and Emily's house. The six of us (Sarah, Catdog, Emma, Sara, Emily and I) had met at their house for a home-cooked Christmas dinner. Each 'pair' was in charge of a course, and Cat and I were on starters, so we made mushroom and stilton vol-au-vents. They're so easy and so tasty so I might start making them more often. Next up was Sara and Emily's mains: chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes, spiced cabbage, carrots, parsnips and I'm pretty sure there was more that I've forgotten. It was absolutely incredible; we all went back for seconds. Emma made her famous 'Granny's cookie cake', which we all somehow found room for (again, some of us may have, er, gone back for seconds...) then we all lazed around like it was Boxing Day, pulling crackers, telling jokes and singing carols. Starting to feel very festive now, and appreciative of my lovely, lovely friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment