Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Saturday 8 October - Aussie wedding of the year!















Current location: Joondalup, Perth, Australia
11.11pm, Dancing at Lauren and Corey's wedding! Ever since I heard they were getting married, I have been looking forward to this day. I have literally been thinking about it every single day and I was so happy to be here for the lead-up to the big day. And now the day has come!

Lauren woke up super happy and relaxed this morning, and we just couldn't get the smile off our faces, as the hair and make-up ladies arrived, and we breakfasted on toast and champagne, with the sun shining over the sea. It was so fun getting ready together but all too quickly, it was time to set off in our fancy Rolls-Royce limo and head to Joondalup golf resort, for Lauren and Corey's wedding in the sunshine.

Oh my goodness. The venue was absolutely stunning, and as I walked down the aisle (first, which was a bit scary), I couldn't stop grinning! Aaaah, my girl Lauren was actually getting married! She looked absolutely breath-taking, and the tears flowed as soon as Corey saw her walk down the aisle.

The ceremony was really personal, as not only had they written their own vows, but also the entire ceremony was written by the two of them! There was flowers, champagne, balloons, activities, beautiful words, tears and a lot of laughter - Loz and Corz just laughed their way through the day.

By the time the evening came around, i just didn't see how the day could get any better. But what with the hilarious and poignant speeches (complete with two personal shout-outs for coming over from the UK, haha), the amazing food, the free-flowing wine, and the shapes getting thrown on the dancefloor, it just kept getting better and better.

I spent a good amount of the night dancing – with some awesome friends I hadn't seen for years, as well as the gorgeous other bridesmaids, Teegan, Danni and Shauna. It was so wonderful to get to spend time with those girls, who all love Lauren as much as I do, and who are three of the most caring and funny girls I have ever hung out with. They all looked beautiful and I had so much fun with them, whether it was during a barefoot walk across the golf course, a midnight rant at the inept hotel staff or a prop-filled photoshoot in the photo booth.

We partied on until the early hours (going to the pub when the reception venue closed) and I was super-proud of Lauren, who was one of the last people standing. Her and Corey sure know how to throw a good wedding (or a really good party, as Teegs kept calling it).

The night ended with Shauna and I retiring to our room to try and get our money's worth by drinking hot chocolate (with TWO milks in, no less) and watching movies. As it was gone 3am by this point, though, I'm pretty sure we fell asleep about two minutes into the film.

One of the best days of my whole life. I love these two so much, and I love love LOVED their wedding. To Mr and Mrs Napier! x

(Last two pictures taken by Smile! Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment