Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sunday 29 May - Oh my. Dream day







S











Current location: South Kensington, London
11.11am, In the Science Museum. Woah, so I thought yesterday was awesome. But today was in another league. My mum and dad came up and joined us in the big smoke and we went to the Science Museum to play with lots of colours, lights and sounds (if you're Vinny or Ella) or build a bridge out of blocks (if you're Dad, Claire or me).

Next was a delicious Italian lunch before a walk on the South Bank, where Vinny entertained everyone by adoring all the dressed-up characters ("I just met Spiderman!!!").

We went on the carousel (I took Ella on who had an expression somewhere between bemusement and fear) and ate popcorn and then Andy taught Vinny how to skateboard. But Vinny had a much way of doing it – on his belly. What a hero.

After cups of tea and lots of games, we headed back to Balham to Kate's house for a play in the sunny garden and a Sunday dinner with mucho wine with the whole family.

Oh yes, and the sun shone, and there was bunting, and on the way home we saw THREE crack foxes.

Other than missing a few key people (my other nephew, Zac, for example), I don't think days get better than this one, I really don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment