Friday, February 11, 2011

Tuesday 8 February - Music to my ears


Current location: Brixton, London
11.11pm, At Ritzy's in Brixton for an open mic night. Regular readers of this blog may remember that I went there last month and loved it, but this time was even more amazing. It wasn't because of the variety of random acts (from a downright terrifying comedienne to a beautiful singer that has become my new girl crush) but because my very own friend was performing. It was the debut gig of Emily Boxer in a band she has formed with two friends/workmates, and I was completely and entirely blown away by how good they were. Maybe it's not surprising as all of them are music teachers, but the instruments they played (a mixture of violin, keyboard and drums) together with Rachael's voice, was fantastic. I hope it's their first gig of many, as I can't wait to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment