Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Monday 31 January – Snowboarding take two




Current location: Kitzbühel, Austria
11.11am, Planning to go and try out my new-found snowboarding skills. Today Andy and I went up to the Hahnenkamm rope tow, which is an area at the bottom of the Hahnenkamm mountain that is slightly less busy and slightly less steep. Apparently. When we got there I found that it was still pretty hardcore for a beginner like me, but we went up...and then down pretty quickly. It was much colder than yesterday, as it's not in the sun like the Horn mountain is, and the snow felt more like ice when I fell over. After trying to learn how to do some transition stuff (way too hard for me to master in two days), I decided to forget all about progressing and concentrate instead on having fun and getting down the slopes any way I could! Another ace day, but with more bruises.
(Images by Andy)

No comments:

Post a Comment