Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tuesday 18 January – My life, part two.


Current location: Kitzbühel, Austria
11.11am, Waking up in my sixth new home of the past year (five of which are in different cities, three of which are in different countries)! I arrived in Kitzbühel, Austria, last night and spent the eve pottering around our little and lovely flat that Andy found. It is perfect and I love it already. It's basically one big room and bathroom, with a shared kitchen downstairs, but it's managed to achieve the perfect combination of cosy and light and airy, and VERY Austrian.

This morning, the sun was shining in through the massive windows, which show an amazing view of the mountains; the picture above is taken from our balcony! I was feeling a bit nervous about being here when I arrived last night, as it just feels like a big task to get to know yet another new place (although I have visited here twice before). I absolutely loved Berlin and miss it a lot, and I have settled in really well in London too, so it felt like a challenge to feel that way about somewhere new again, and adjust to the Austrian way of life, whatever that may be.

But waking up this morning, I felt a huge surge of positivity and excitement. I love getting to know new places and people, and Kitzbühel really is so beautiful, plus I get to share it with some of the people I love most in the world (one in particular). What's not to love?! So now I'm super excited and can't wait to get exploring...

No comments:

Post a Comment