Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sunday 23 January – Snow cycling




Current location: Kitzbühel, Austria

11.11pm, In Highways bar (where Emma and some other friends work), making the most of happy hour and catching up with a few people I've met since being here. In the day we went up the mountain to watch the downhill slalom race. It was sooooo cold and snowy but the atmosphere was amazing, especially every time an Austrian was racing.

Andy and I rode our bikes in to town this evening, and it was a pretty different experience to riding in either London or Berlin. For a start, the roads are really quiet and, also, there are no other cyclists. I literally haven't seen a single bike since I've been here. Maybe we'll start a trend, though I imagine the reason why there aren't many bikes around is because it's pretty hard riding in snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment