Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Saturday 22 January – Happy Hahnenkamm




Current location: Kitzbühel, Austria

11.11pm, Having a happy Hahnenkamm after finishing work again. Andy and I worked from midday until 8pm and I don't think we stopped moving in all that time. Town was sooooo busy and it seemed that people couldn't get enough of our burgers and drinks. It was a bit of an eye-opener, because I didn't really consider that I was in Austria and so would have to be speaking in German. It sounds silly but you can usually get away with speaking English here, but over Hahnenkamm, most of the visitors are Austrian and Swiss, so it's Deutsch all the way. I was pretty proud of myself that I managed the whole eight hours without too many misunderstandings. And now if someone wants a Flügerl or a Flying Hirsch, I'll know what they mean. A really ace day by all accounts; met some lovely people, spoke lots of German, made some money and celebrated with friends, including Eri, one of my besties from Berlin, who had come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment