Sunday, August 29, 2010

Friday 27 August - Let's get ready to rumble...


11.11am, Preparing myself for the birthday extravaganza that will be Pippa's birthday tomorrow. Dream girl Ruthy Ley and I went to town (literally and figuratively), buying banners and balloons and party poppers and decorations for Pippa's birthday tomorrow. Then we rewarded ourselves with a long, lazy afternoon in her garden, where Nicky joined us and we dined on pasties, red wine, cheeses and fig salad. So decadent, so wonderful.

The evening brough more joy, with annual Newlyn to Penzance swim (along the prom), where we cheered on Jack and also saw lots of familiar faces. Then I was joined by the dynamo that is Audrey Ward, one of my favourite people, who I met in London and is now working at The Sunday Times News Review. She was having a holiday in Cornwall and I took the opportunity to introduce her to rum and shrub, and have a good catch-up with her and her boyfriend, Ultan.

How can you not love Cornwall when your days are full of such joy?!

(Photo of the prom from Cornish Retreats)

No comments:

Post a Comment